Subject: Re: [Leica] That 'grit' thing on R8 screens
From: George Huczek <ghuczek@sk.sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 20:12:52 -0600

All of these comparisons of screen brightness may be a thing of the past
eventually.  I am wondering why camcorder technology, with built-in color
viewing screens have not been applied to SLRs.  I realize the implications
for weight, cost and battery drain, but it would seem that there may be a
market here to exploit, and don't we know how quick camera manufacturers
are to seize such opportunities.  Electronic viewfinders may offer some
practical advantages as well, when coupled with digital technology.  The
ability to preview what was shot, as with a polaroid, but instead
electronically on the screen would be quite useful.

- -GH