Subject: [Leica] M4P silver chrome w/M6 windows
From: Simon Ogilvie <simon_ogilvie@ionica.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 15:43:42 -0000

Saw one of these at a local camera fair this Sunday.
Looked like a new camera - truly beautiful.  I think
they were asking 1000 UK pounds for it, but I already
knew I couldn't afford it...

What I could afford though was a viso III with magnifier
(old one - don't know the version number, but not the
later high-eyepoint one) and an extension tube (14646K
I think) all for 100 pounds, which seemed a good price
to me, and it had a MBG.

I also bought a 135 Hektor in truly horrible cosmetic
condition, but the glass is OK and I'm hoping to use
it on the visoflex if I can work out which adapter to buy.
I got a screw-M adapter for it which cost almost as
much as the lens!  I also got a swing-out polariser
after reading the recent posts about them.  Setting it
to swing out over the viewfinder is an excellent idea.
Is there likely to be a vignetting problem using this on
a 35 Summicron?

Simon.

Ionica, Cowley Road, Cambridge CB4 4AS
Tel (01223) 223000