Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 Light Meter
From: "Hans Pahlen" <hans@komvux.skola.mark.se>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 1998 13:24:47 +0100

The M6 metering is TTL. (The meter relies on the white spot painted on the
first shutter blind) When you change lens, you will also change the angle
that is metered, i.e. a 135 mm lens will meter a smaller area than a shorter
focal length. The metering field covers approximately 23% of the viewfinder
field corresponding to the lens being used. There are good illustrations of
all this in the M6 instructions booklet.
The frames lever will not affect metering at all.

OTH, users of the MR meters (for older M-bodies) will push the frames lever
to 90 mm as they meter, as this finder frame corresponds to what the MR
meter will be reading. But the actual reading is of course not affected by
the lever.
/Hans