Subject: Re: [Leica] That 'grit' thing on R8 screens
From: Harrison McClary <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 98 17:46:36 -0500

Eric Welch wrote

>I am just acknowledging that the report said that there is no objective
>difference between the two. So I defer to their testing apparatus. I think
>the R8's viewfinder is brighter, but I allow for imagination. And the F5 is
>brighter than he EOS1n, but wait until Canon replaces it with the next
>thing. Canon users will have to wear shades. :-)

Eric,

After reading a few more posts I realized this, and to see someone
actually tested the EOS1n brighter than the R8 blew me away.  It is still
my observation that the R8 viewfinder is brighter, maybe this is because
the mirror loses less light, or other factors not directly related to the
actual screen.  I do not know how they test brightness of screens, but in
my experience - real life situations - the R8 viewfinder is brighter than
the EOS 1, as is the R6.

Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto