Subject: [Leica] Recent discussions on newsgroup
From: "Noel H. Charchuk" <nhcharch@freenet.calgary.ab.ca>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 13:24:52 -0700 (MST)

I would like to echo the comments raised by various members about making
this list more like a newsgroup. I responded last week to a post on
Dejanews, and since then have been getting junk mail selling vitamins,
offering to represent me in selling my photos (as if anyone would spend
money on them!) etc. I can only ascribe the mail to dejanews, which
promotes itself as relatively spam free. My vote is for keeping it the
same as it is right now.
Now for a on-topic note, yesterday there was some discussion regarding an
old III and an Elmar 50 mm w/o serial #, with infinity lock at 11 o'clock
poition. My understanding of reading Morgan's Leica manual of 1937 was
that these earlier lenses were meant to only fit individual cameras, and
were not interchangable, as the register had to be matched for the
combination. I thought the III came out after the register was
standardized. My question for the owner, sorry I deleted the post and
forget your e-mail name, is does this lens seem to perform on the camera?
Noel Charchuk