Subject: Re: [Leica] That 'grit' thing on R8 screens
From: Harrison McClary <hmcclary@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 98 12:33:17 -0500

Eric Welch wrote

>And couple of pros I know who have used it say they prefer the R8's
>viewfinder to any other they've seen in an SLR. It may not be as bright, or
>brighter than an F5 or EOS1n, but focusing is more sure and reliable. R8
>users don't have AF to rely on, so brightness is secondary to focusing
>accuracy.

Not as bright as the EOS 1n???????

I just switched from Canon to Leica and the R8 is easily  2 times
brighter than the EOS, may be even brighter.  Can't speak for the F5 as I
have not looked at one of those monsters yet, but if I remember correctly
someone said the R8 was brighter than the F5.

Harrison McClary
http://people.delphi.com/hmphoto