Subject: Re: [Leica] Multi-Pop
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 11:53:45 -0600

At 02:02 AM 1/18/98 -0500, you wrote:

>about have a bird. "What's that, one of those disposables? Don't you have a
>real camera like the other guys" :)

Yep, it's amazing. I took some pictures at a party the other night, and the
girl I was photographing, with my M6 and 35 Summilux ASPH wide open, in a
very dark room looked at me and said, "It didn't flash." I said "Yep, guess
I missed it." Took a bunch of pictures of her and she didn't think I was
getting anything. She has never let me photograph her before, too
self-conscious.

Next day, I printed out an 8x10 on the dye sub printer and passed it around
the room getting everyone to sign it. Then gave it to her. It was a picture
of this tiny little Vietnamese editor who's leaving us chewing on a big
cigar. She was blown away by the beautiful picture. Everyone else thought
it was a hoot.

Ignorance can work for us as well as hold us back. :-)

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength
that will endure as long as life lasts.

Rachel Carson