Subject: [Leica] Info wanted on Elmarit-R 19mm f/2.8
From: Pascal <cyberdog@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 98 19:25:36 +0100

Hello luggers,

I am interested in an Elmarit-R 19mm f/2.8 because of its "wide" angle
(the closest I have is 28mm).
Apparently, there are two versions of it:

- - "old" one, nr. 11225 (manufactured between 1975 till 1991)
- - "current" one, nr. 11258 (from 1991 on).
(info found on Eric Puts' web site).
Only the current one would have built-in filters. I take it you cannot
screw filters on it because of the extreme wide angle (vignetting), so
the built-in filters would in that case be a must.

Is there an optical quality difference between the two of them? Is the
"current" one listed above still the latest version? How about its
qualities? How does this lens behave in practical use? Any
particularities? Does anyone have experience with this lens?
Thanks for any info!

Pascal

Sent on a Macintosh PowerBook G3, the fastest laptop on the planet