Subject: Re: [Leica] Yellow Cast on Flash "shots"
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 00:59:30 -0600

At 05:22 PM 1/15/98 -0400, you wrote:

>informed, explained it was from the tinge of the incandescent lights
>over the subject, and the flash is almost acting as fill in.  If this
>is correct, absent moving the subject- when this is not possible- can
>I correct the "problem" in any way?  Use of  filter?  Obviously, can't
>change film in mid roll.  Perhaps I just have to accept this somewhat
>bothersome cast.

Yes you can correct it. Get the appropriate filter for the lens that
corrects incandescent light. (It's blue).

Then you put a yellow filter on the flash that matches incandescent light.
That matches the flash light to the light coming from the lamp, then the
filter on the lens compensates for the light coming through it. There's a
filter kit for the Metz flashes out there that costs about $25. Good
investment. It has green for flourescent, and yellow for incandescent, etc.

Or forget the filter on the lens for optimal sharpness and correction. Just
correct the color of the light in scanning or printing. As long as the
available light and the flash light are the same color temperature, it's
easy to correct at the other end.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

"...nostalgia ain't what it used to be." ...unknown