Subject: [Leica] Film types
From: Hadyn Park Road <elmer@gpo.sonnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 22:33:01 GMT

Lugs -

For anyone out there who would like to know a bit more about the various
characteristics of films - not necessarily the latest films - I would
recommend a book by Hicks/Schultz "The Film Book" ISBN 0-7153-0471-2.

The author's basic proposition is that there is no unviversal film type and
that different films fit different circumstances.

I have read with interest the recent thread about Kodachrome. The colour
rendition of Kodachrome is amongst the best(?) I have seen - but compare it
to Velvia and it looks flat, even though I think K64 etc. will stand the
time. Velvia seems more suited to studios or low contrast shots.

A Rolleiflex that that I recently bought came with an introcduction to a
Cypriot photogrpaher who , when asked the obvious question, "Which film do
you use?" said "Ektachrome".

Some of the most pleasing colour renditions I have seen have been shot on
E100S.

Simon

_A_N_N_E__P_E_N_N_I_N_G_T_O_N_&_S_I_M_O_N__W_R_A_Y
           mailto:elmer@gpo.sonnet.co.uk
          http://www/sonnet.co.uk/elmer/