Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica E-mail group
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 01:52:57 -0500

At 09:55 PM 13-01-98 +0000, Patrick wrote:

>The possibility of having a Leica newsgroup has been discussed before
>on this list.  Some people said they like the idea; others (myself
>included) prefer a mailing list for a variety of reasons.  These are:

Let me add one more strike against news groups.  I find that a certain
large percentage of postings to news groups never seem to show up in my
ISP's news server.  I think this is true for many people and seems to be a
characteristic of how news is propogated from one server to the next.  We
would tend to miss a lot of what is being discussed in the group.

Dan C.