Subject: [Leica] WTB: 50mm Summicron-M
From: robert <louzan@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 01:54:29 +0000

Bud,

You're right -the going price for a used lense is about 60% retail value for
those in mint or Ex++ condition, and 50% for those in Ex+ or Ex condition
(if glass is perfect.)  I'm looking for a DR 50mm f2 Summicron-M with or
without eyes.  I'll also consider Black 50mm Summicron-M or 35mm f2.8
Summaron-M with eyes for my beat-up M3.

- -----------------------------
As for Bob Schwalberg, he sold most of his 87 Leicas in the late 60s.  The
last I talked to him, he was using a Konica Hexar (which he called his Leica
and a half.)

- -----------------------------
The Japanese fast-rewind cranks for the M3/M2 are being sold for $80 by:

Photo Habitat
920 Broadway, Suite 704
NYC 10010
(212)473-5665

Don,

Courtesy aside, if you took a moment to read my original message, you will
see that you are offering everything except what I'm specifically asking for...

- -Robert