Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M Meters
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 15:00:30 -0500

At 05:01 PM 1/13/98 HKT, Edmund Tan Ann-Wen wrote:
>I am considering a Leica M meter, but would like to know more about the
different models avaliable. Presently there are M, MC, MR and MR4 (I
think). Can someone tell me what the differences are, or at least where on
the net I can find info regarding the above, and how to calibrate them
myself (if possible).

M:	broad-range selenium
MC:	somewhat more selective selenium
MR:	CdS meter
MR4:	MR adapted to fit canted rewind knob of M4 and later cameras

NOTE:  The MR and MR4 take the now-hard-to-obtain PX625 mercury cell.  They
will operate with acceptable accuracy with silver-oxide cells, however.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!