Subject: Re: [Leica] Polarizing Filter w/Leicaflex & R cameras
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 1998 14:41:39 -0500

whomever started this wrote:

<<< but I talked with - gasp! - Nikon about my old F3, which also uses a
part-silvered mirror spot in the metering system.So, are there other
factors present that mandate circulars for some cameras but not for others?

> Jim Brick responded: ) I assume it's you Jim) :)
> For Leicaflex & R cameras, simply read the Leica literature and it will
> tell you exactly what I said. I didn't make it up.  .

Look it doesn't matter what Nikon says what happens with their cameras and
the Leica R cameras. When a seasoned user of R cameras posts something
technical basically quoted from Leica instruction manuals, why question the
experienced photographer?

Least of all asking Nikon about a Leica. That's akin to asking, a Ford
dealer about a Rolls Royce! :)

The R camera wont work with linear polarizing filters! Period! And take
this from someone who blew a bunch of rolls simply because in the beginning
"I didn't read the manual". A polarizer was a polarizer!  Neither had the
clerk in the camera store at the time!

"I need a polarizer for the 60mm lens." "Sure right here." And I'm out the
door and blazing away thinking everything is peachie keen.

UNTIL!!!!!!!   Later in the day at the lab and wonder of wonders what do we
have here? Well linear polarizing filters don't work on any R or Leicaflex
camera! Please don't question that fact!

There isn't anything like a reality check to make you read the manual!!!!!!

ted