Subject: Re: [Leica] Pre soak or no soak
From: "Neal Findley" <nealfindley@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 23:01:31 -0600

Damian-

When I switched to a Jobo unit for most all my B&W film developing I was
wrestling with adjusting all my old tried and true developing times.  As I
recall, Jobo advised me that their research had indicated that when using a
rotary processor one could use one's normal times if one used a 5 minute
water presoak ( at your normal temp).  I use distilled water for the presoak
(doesn't take much in the Jobo) and it works for me with plusx trix agfa100
and tmax.  I also get some water color in the presoak (most with agfa) but
have not noticed discernable difference in end negatives.  Except of course
they are better when exposed with a leica or rollei.
- -Neal