Subject: [Leica] R System
From: "Fred Whitlock" <afc@cl-sys.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 18:03:42 -0500

Today I acquired a Leica R system from a retiring photographer.  I use
Leica M's but have only a cursory knowledge of the R system.  I'm going to
put this equipment up for sale and thought I would give the LUG
participants first crack at it.  I haven't even researched prices yet.  I'd
appreciate any input.  Below is what I bought and what is available:

Leicaflex SL - user
Leica R3 Electronic - 9+
Leica R4s - 9+
Leica R6 - minty
21mm Super Angulon R - Minty, caps, shade and box
35mm Summicron R - 9+, caps, shade and box
50mm Summicron R (Canada), Minty, caps
50mm Summicron R (Germany), completely mint, caps, box
90mm Summicron R - Minty, caps
80~200 Vario Elmar - 9+, caps, leather case
Leitz 2X extender - Minty
Tamron SP 80~200 f2.8 for Leica R - 9+
Leica 14283 Grip - Minty
Motor Winder R4 - Mint, box
Braun 340M Vario Zoom Flash unit - Mint, box
Series 8.5 UV filter (for 21mm) - 8+
Elpro VIb Achromat for 50 Summicron - Mint

With the exception of the Leicaflex SL (which works fine but shows plenty
of use) this equipment is very pretty.  The photographer obviously cared
for it.  Let me know if there is some interest.  Next week I'll price the
items and start advertising.  If you have offers for any or all of it in
the meantime I'll stand by the E-mail.  Thanks.  Good shooting.

Fred Whitlock
afc@cl-sys.com
Maplewood Photography
http://www.maplewoodphoto.com