Subject: Re: [Leica] Farewell to a True Leica Champion
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 00:15:04 -0600

At 09:09 PM 1/10/98 -0500, you wrote:

>In his last months, Stefan told me that I was the last person he would allow
>to make his photograph.  I was rightly proud to present that photograph to
>his family today.  What a life.  What a piece of Leica (and world) history.
>
>God bless him.  I will miss him like a grandfather.

Thanks for sharing a bit of history.

His early publications still influence us in how we look at pictures and
make them for publication. He was one of the greats that made
photojournalism what it is today. (The good part).

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Cooperation can only be reached if we work together