Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 metering
From: CHKARNES <CHKARNES@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 22:59:05 EST

<<

 > can anybody of you experts explain why I can not get a meter reading with
 >   >the M6, Viso III and Telyt 200? I am baffled.
 >   >
 >    >>
 >  You said that the mirror was up. Are you sure the meter can "see" with the
 >  mirror up? My Nikon F3 cannot; I take the meter reading and then flip up
 the
 >  mirror.
 >  Charlie
                        The F3 is a reflex which is designed to meter with the
 mirror in place (it actually has a semi-silvered area and another little
 hinged mirror underneath the main mirror that directs a portion of the light
 to the cell in the floor of the mirror box.  The M6 is designed to read
 incoming light bounced off the white dot on the shutter curtain.  If the Viso
 mirror were down it would cut the light off completely.

As soon as I clicked on SEND, I realized what I had done and tried to "unsend"
it, but it was too late. I must have had my head where the sun don't shine.
Charlie