Subject: Re: [Leica] Viso and flash sync
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 22:57:57 -0500

At 10:03 PM 1/10/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Will electronic flash operate properly at the 1/50th sec. setting on an M
>body fitted with a Visoflex?  Are any special steps or precautions needed
>to assure that the mirror is out of the way when the flash goes off?  I am
>now getting exposure of the full negative frame now in available light.

With a PLOOT, VISO I, or II, just leave the mirror up (that is, don't cock)
when metering.  With a IIa or III, move the mirror up to meter.

Then move the mirror down, frame the picture, and shoot.

It works, and well.  Leica, like the lamented REAL VW Beetle, was designed
so that new models take obsolescent accessories.  (And, like the REAL VW
Beetle, they don't leak an unreasonable amount of oil, either!)

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!