Subject: Re: [Leica] Shutter Problem??
From: Thomas Kachadurian <kach@freeway.net>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1998 23:32:51 -0500

Your question makes perfect sense.

You should be able to change lenses with any film loaded in just about any
light. What is sounds like you have is a light leak along to bottom of the
shutter curtain. Light leaks of that nature produce weird fogging,
sometimes where you wouldn't even expect it--not at the edges of the frame,
but about 1/3 of the way down from the top of the picture (which is the
bottom in the camera). It happens when you change lenses because the light
can get in there at many different angles and scatter. Time for a trip to
the service center. Send them the fogged film with the camera. It will help
them find the problem.

Tom