Subject: [Leica] New Leica Owner
From: "Dave Richards" <rchdp@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 15:26:51 -0700

I have just become a proud first-time Leica owner.  Sort of.

The Saturday after Christmas I ordered an M6 body, 50/2 and 35/2 ASPH from
my local dealer.  She said the 35 was in short supply (she had ordered one
for another customer in September and it still had not arrived) but I told
her to go ahead and I would wait.

Thursday she called with good news/bad news.  The good news was that she
had received the 50 and two 35's, one of which was mine.  The bad news was
that she had received the body, but it was in silver instead of black.  She
would call for a replacement, but it wouldn't be in until sometime next
week.

I went in today to get the lenses and we chatted while she filled out the
warranty cards.  I mentioned that I had heard, thanks to this list, that
Leica was bringing the M6 out with the modified finder.  She said that she
had heard that the first ones are due to ship this Monday and they would be
$100 more than the present M6.  She asked if I wanted one instead of the
one I had ordered and, after thinking for a few seconds, I said 'yes',
provided the $500 rebate still applies.  She doesn't know just when to
expect it, but I think I prefer to wait.

So at some point in the (I hope) near future I will have an M6 body to go
with my new lenses.  I look forward to it with great anticipation.

Dave Richards

BTW, she also said that the present rebate on lenses and bodies has been
extended through April 30.