Subject: Re: [Leica] Old Leica, Old Photographer
From: Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 11:02:29 -0800

Henning J. Wulff wrote:

> >Hey, that's nothing, have you any *idea* how difficult some of us found it
> >to work out the exposure for the Big Bang? And it's been a rather
> >frustrating waiting to take the bracket shots...
>
> Not to mention shooting from a point in space before there was space with a
> camera before there was solid matter...

Two questions come to mind, just how wide an angle lens does it take to
shoot the Big Bang and do you focus on infinity or just behind?  Also
the question of flash duration arises, and I am wondering if we are now
on the foot of the duration curve.  At least rear curtain sync wasn't
needed or  Big Bang Gangers would have had to use something other than
Leicas, until the R8.   And while we're at it, exactly where in the
universe do you plug in the sync cable, and do you need one of those
voltage reduction devices, just to be safe.

donal
- --
Donal Philby
San Diego