Subject: Re: [Leica] Finder usage
From: TTAbrahams <TTAbrahams@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 11:50:28 EST

Alf, I dont think it is possible to install the 21 viewfinder in the M2 or M4.
At least not while retaining the rest of the frames at a reasonable size. I
know of one M body ( an old Md body) that a friend of mine converted. He
simply put the glass part of the 21 aux. viewfinder in the body, cut out the
appropriate holes in the top cover and put it together. It looked neat and did
work well as a non rangefindered 21 mm special Leica. I personally did  not
think it was worth the effort.
 Presumably there is a way of installing a sep. lens system in the finder so
that you could flick in a " wide" field when you needed it ( a lens that would
magnify the 28 field to 21 and that would be activated by the bayonet of the
21). It would be a tight fit though. The top part of the M cameras is getting
really crowded.
Tom A