Subject: Re: [Leica] Newbie M6 question
From: CHKARNES <CHKARNES@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 21:22:18 EST

<< when I trigger the shutter at 1/15th and 1/30th of a sec, I get
 an aftermath of small, gradually silencing mechanical "noises" during what
 seems like the better of 1 sec. This does not happen between 1/1000 th and
 x sync. While from 1/8 down, the mechanism makes the characteristic  motion
 work noise of slow speeds.

 My question is : is the aftermath "noise" at 1/15 and 1/30  normal ? And
 why ?

 Thanks beforehand for your clarifications !

 Alan
 Brussels-Belgium. >>

For shutter speeds of 1/30 and less, the timing is controlled by a excape
mechanism. Set it shutter speed on 1 sec and you can hear it clearly. For the
faster speeds, up to 1/30 sec. what you hear is the excape mechanism going
through the remainder of its cycle.

Charlie