Subject: [Leica] Slide Scanner Question
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 1998 12:39:27 -0800

Dear Fellow LUGnuts,

I need to purchase a scanner to digitize slides for usa as low resolution
images in Microsoft Powerpoint for lecturing.  File sizes are around 100K
for easy loading and permits easier transition from slide image to slide
image on Powerpoint.

I just read an ad for a new Olympus ES-10 scanner for $449 that even runs
of the parallel port - so a SCSI card is not necessary.  Resolution is
listed as 1770 dpi with 24 but color.

Could someone knowledgable about scanners help me on this one.  I only need
a scanner for 35mm slides and then only to insert the images into
Powerpoint.  I will not be scanning for publication.  I'll let the journals
do that for me.

Thanks,

Richard