Subject: Re: [Leica] T400CN and gradation
From: Edward Meyers <aghalide@panix.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 18:21:00 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 5 Jan 1998, TEAShea wrote:

> I have had good success with T400CN.  I wonder if there is a difference in
> processing or printing.  I have seen some T400CN prints that look muddy, but
> other have good depth and tonal range.
>
> Tom Shea

Kodak's 400CN is like a color negative film. If the silver is not
completely bleached out you get muddy looking images. It's very
difficult to tell if a lab used fresh enough bleach or bleached
the negatives properly, until you print them. Poorly bleached
negatives can be bleached properly later on, then washed and
dried. Ed Meyers