Subject: Re: [Leica] Viewing Slides - is a 4x loupe sufficient
From: c.blaue@bmsg.de
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 12:31:51 +0100

Donal Philby <donalphilby@earthlink.net> writes:

<snip>

     > I have a couple Fuji 4X lupes that they gave away and that works okay
     > with my budget.  I had enough Velvia boxtops to get about ten of them,
     > so gave most away.  Someday I'll pop for a great Schneider lupe.  A
     > 50mm Summicron -R with aperture set wide open works nicely, too, as a
     > lupe.

<snip>

is the enlargement of a 4x loupe enough or should I go for 6x or 8x.
I'd rather go for 4x loupe because I have seen a very good one for a decent
price. I could not find a 6x or 8x loupe to do a direct comparison.

I just want do be able to decide three things:
- - is the slide in question is good from it's composition?
- - is the exposure ok?
- - is it sharp?

To answer the first two questions a 4x loupe seems to be sufficient or even
better than others because I can see the whole slide, but how about the last?

christoph