Subject: Re: [Leica] M2 rewind
From: "don" <dbledsoe@micron.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 13:13:59 -0800

From: Ken Wilcox

>>I have read that the reason the button rewind was changed to the lever
type is because users were confusing the rewind button with the lens release
button. I don't know of any other reason to favor the lever except for
consistency if you use other M bodies.<<

Ken

Based on my experience, the best reason for the change to lever was not
because of ever confusing the rewind button with the lens release button
(leastwise I have never done that), rather it is because the button is much
too easily hit (engaged).  When using my M2 with button rewind I have to be
cautious that my middle finger does not hit the rewind button while I am
taking a photo (for me it is exactly in the position where that finger likes
to rest).  Doing so can engage the button, which will cause a screw-up in
the film advance.  I have also had the button engage when in the camera bag
wit other items (film cans).

Don