Subject: Re: [Leica] 135mm Elmarit-M
From: "Boreham" <boreham@dial.pipex.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 11:06:51 -0000

I assume the original poster has one of the earlier type 135/2.8 M lenses
as the goggles can't be removed from the current ones. I tried removing
them once to make the lens more compact, thinking I could live with the
reduced accuracy. Because the lens pulls up the 90 mm frame the goggles are
essential for the rangefinder to work at all. It isn't just a small loss of
accuracy ( like using a tele elmarit with a 90 frame). Not sure I fully
understand why this is, but the goggles quickly went back on!