Subject: Re: [Leica] New M6
From: Carl Socolow <csocolow@microserve.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 1998 23:55:51 -0500

D Khong wrote:

> At 03:14 PM 3/1/98 -0500, you wrote:
> >Dear fellow Luggers;
> >
> >I went to my local camera shop today and was shown a FAX stating from Leica
> >announcing a new M6 with .85 magnification viewfinder and no 28mm frame
> >lines. List price is $2495, with no rebate mentioned.
> >
> >Alan
> >

> Is there an advantage either for the user or for photographic purposes in
> this particular design?
>
> Dan K.

Dan,

Try an M3 and you will see. The almost life-size image in the viewfinder
is a joy to work with. And with long lenses the focusing accuracy is
also much improved. I assume, if this is more than just another rumor,
that this will be similar to the M6J which Leica charged an arm and a
leg for.

Carl S.