Subject: Re: [Leica] Also a 1938 Leica, I think?
From: Edward Meyers <aghalide@panix.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 1998 16:44:09 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 2 Jan 1998, Claes Bjerner wrote:

> >General LUG Inquiry:
> >
> >Does anyone  "out there" on the LUG have any historical and/or performan=
ce
> >information  on the 1.8/50 CANON  Screwmount Lens?
> >
> >Leon
> >
> >LP6@aol.com
>=20
> Leon,
>=20
> Why don=B4t you check out the Canon Camera Museum on the Web:
>=20
> http://www.canon.co.jp/camera-museum/
>=20
> As the name says it=B4s primarily a Camera museum, but you=B4ll be able t=
o find your lens on several of the Canon cameras. Seems like the 50mm 1:1.8=
 was the standard lens during the early 50=B4s.
>=20
> Claes
>=20
From=20what I remember, because I owned one, the 50mm f/1.9 Serenar was
a collapsable lens from Canon in the 50s. I believe that the
f/1.8 lens came later. Anyone verify this? Ed=20