Subject: Re: [Leica] Also a 1938 Leica, I think?
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 1998 19:51:24 -0500

At 12:37 PM 1/1/98 EST, Leon wrote:
>However, I
>cannot find the serial number on the lens which is a  Leitz,  ELmar,  50mm
>F3.5?   Questions:  l.  Where do I look for lens  ser. no.?

Early Elmars lacked serial numbers.  In the early 1930's, the serial number
is engraved along the black lens ring, extremely small and often by this
age half-covered with dust and dirt.

If you wish help in identifying your camera, it would be most helpful for
you to post the entire serial number.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!