Subject: Re: [Leica] shutter light leaks
From: "Jack & Christine Hamilton" <jackham@earth.execpc.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 1998 12:03:38 -0600

I've found over the 35-years plus that I've used Leica...that all my
shutters have leaked light.

And I've learned how to control that, to my advantage. You can do the same.

For example, if you set the shutter speed dial to "50" then you will get a
light leak of a 50th of a second when you press the shutter release button.
IF YOU KNOW WHEN TO MAKE THIS LIGHT LEAK HAPPEN, you can infinitely improve
your photography.

A gentleman named Henri Cartier-Bresson gained a modicum of fame by learning
WHEN to make his Leicas leak light.

Course, if you use safety film...(that's another story)...

Folks, lighten up...

Cordially,
Jack Hamilton
Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA