Subject: Re: [Leica] shutter light leaks
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 1998 23:34:57 +0000

>I've looked into this streaking on my M6 a little more, and want to share
this
>for possible further feedback:
>
>On a recent roll of 400 speed film, I noticed foggy horizontal stripes
through
>certain frames. The only effected frames were ones that had been sitting
behind
>the shutter for more than just a few seconds (in other words - maybe for
days).
>It's not a back leak, because the stripes are cut off by the 24x36 frame
>boundaries.

Maybe this might help.

Slightly behind the back of the lens mount of the M body, and on the floor
of the matte-black chamber is a small black cover.  It is about the size of
a small thumb tack.  If this is not there, the camera will leak light.
This happended to me with an M3 until I covered up the small hole.

Dan K.