Subject: Re: [Leica] Slides
From: "Dale R. Reed" <dale-reed@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 22:53:06 -0800

Gabe wrote:

> Well, alot of people have different opinions on slide film.  I have
> recently been using Fuji Velvia for outdoor scenery and I LOVE it.  I
> truly have had great success with it and my M6 and R4s.  I  <snip>

Gabe I am at http://www.fujifilm.com and so far I have not found the
Velvia.  But I have found
    FUJICHROME SENSIA II 100 200 and 400

    The heart of the Sensia II family of films is the
    Fujichrome Sensia II 100. This ISO 100-rated
    daylight-balanced slide film utilizes a variety of new <snip>

I will keep looking. Certainly more fruitful than the Kodak site where I
did not find any slide film advertised at all.  But I might of missed it
and will look again.

As I remember it wasn't too long ago that I was using Kodachrome and
before that it was Ektachrome slide films.  In fact I think some of the
intrepid explorers 40 years ago brought Ektachrome color developing kits
down to the ice so they could develop their own photographs.  I may have
some of the names wrong or at least have spelled them incorrectly.

Fuji so far appears to be the only one that writes "slide film" on the
box.   From a book I have been reading the advantage of slide film over
print film is the photographer is not as much at the mercy of the person
that uses the negative to make the print.  But as I remember the slide
film developing chemicals can get "worn out."  And I will assume other
variables are time in each chemical and temperature and...

I know that I can get slides made from print film.  In fact in the not
too distance past I have received prints, slides and films-on-disk all
from the same print negatives.  But I do not know if you can do all
three from slide film.    Dale

Got to get me a good book.

Hate to keep bothering you guys and gals.

There are female Leica freaks aren't there?  Don't know if I have
noticed any yet but I have only been subscribing to the LUG for a couple
weeks.  In fact I am not aware of any female professional
photographers.  Why would that be?

Someone give me the URL of a female professional photographer if you
know of any.  Just curious about how the old world works as we rapidly
approach year 2000.   This retired engineer has a lot of catching up to
do.       Dale
- --
$  dale-reed@worldnet.att.net   Seattle, Washington U.S.A.  $