Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica CL Questions
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 21:03:41 -0500 (EST)

Krzanowski Robert,

I've been using a CL for years and never experienced the problems you
encountered.  I use an M3 with both CL lenses and have no complaints.

I've never broken a nylon takeup prong. The meter works fine if you remember
to wind the film ahead. The meter sensor is a disk that darts out behind the
lens, then disappears when you release the shutter. It appears as soon as you
wind the film ahead to the next frame number. Otherwise it will not read
accurately. Advancing the film in a CL requires more pressure than in a
conventional camera. Sometimes it misleads us into thinking that it has
already been advanced. The CL pulls the film thru a hinged pressure plate,
which adds to the pressure required. The CL needs some getting used to.

That done, it will perform with the same precision as any other Leica.

Bob