Subject: [Leica] shutter light leaks
From: jessen@gearbox.esd.sgi.com (Jesse Newcomb)
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 11:19:02 -0800

Here's another bit of information:

I DID see light leaks around the upper and lower edges of the shutter curtain
with a 21mm Super-Angulon, and also with a 35mm Summicron.

I did NOT see light leaks [on another roll of film] with a 135 Hektor mounted.

Interesting, because the Super-Angulon gives probably the most tangential ray
pattern toward the shutter edges - aiming the light outward in all directions
from the rear element and straight into the shutter curtain channel. Still,
this really seems like such a glaring defect in design - I'm waiting to hear
about what others have seen.

- - jesse

- --
"CIA Clears Self in Crack Probe"         - Headlines
                                           SJ Mercury News 97/12/18

                                    Silicon Graphics USA
  Jesse Newcomb                       Mountain View, CA
  jessen@sgi.com                     tel 650 933-2026
  http://reality.sgi.com/jessen_esd  fax 650 390-6159