Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Camera AG - Solms
From: CapsTeeth <CapsTeeth@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 17:20:55 EST

In a message dated 97-12-30 15:33:02 EST, Jim wrote:

> Every company makes trinkets. I have a bunch of BMW trinkets that my local
>  dealer gave me. Pens, knives, etc...

                   Hey, I'm on my 5th Bimmer since '84, from two dealers in
two states, and so far the only thing I've been *given* with the BMW roundel
on it is the monthly lease coupon.  It is an enviable position indeed for a
company to be able to actually SELL their advertising promos...more striking
perhaps is the commentary it provides on the way our society deifies material
status symbols to the point of worshipping their icons as well.

Doc.