Subject: Re: [Leica] Wratten filter holder?
From: "Jeff S" <segawa@netone.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 1997 11:01:37 -0700

Harrison,

It normally seems to follow that, objects which you don't worry about will
never break, never get lost and never, in fact, suffer any sort of mishap.

In this spirit, I stuck a 67mm Cokin filter adaptor onto a 50mm Zeiss
Distagon for my Hasselblad. Series VIII and 67mm appear to be almost the
same, but for thread pitch, which meant that the 67mm adaptor only screws in
about 1/2 way, then begins to bind, but it holds securely. I put a bit of
muscle into this, and couldn't seem to cause any damage to the (chromed
brass) threading of the lens, so I simply leave it in place. It is much
easier to get Cokin-sized filters!