Subject: [Leica] 50 Summicron questions
From: John_McLeod@designlink.com
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 1997 00:09:51 -0800

Does anyone out there know if the new design of the 50 Summicron M includes the
same indented focusing "knob" (for the index or middle finger, to assist with
quick focusing) that is on the next most recent version?

I know these last two 50 Summicron designs are optically identical.  I like the
convenience of the new integrated hood, but does it shield light as well as the
older, larger, detachable plastic hood?

Another miscellaneous question.  Can you (safely) attach a Metz 40MZ flash to a
Quantum Turbo battery to reduce recycle times?  If not, I assume Metz makes a
dedicated auxiliary battery?

And a miscellaneous item for sale:

Black, original Contax T, with battery and leather presentation case.
Cosmetic nicks and scratches, but mechanically and optically superb, $500.

John McLeod