Subject: Re: [Leica] Off Subject-HP PhotoSmart Photo Scanner
From: BenTroGa <BenTroGa@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 13:15:50 EST

I have been using the HP scanner for several months, now, and I love it.

Up to 5x7 prints the quality is outstanding.  8x10 it starts to become obvious
that the prints were now from Kodak.

Printing is at 300dpi, so even tho' slides and negs are scanned at 2400, the
final print is at the lower resolution.

The Microsoft "Picture It" software provided is very, very user friendly, easy
to work with, and quite flexible.

Bottom line - delighted with all facets of the Photosmart system
(printer/scanner) up to prints 5x7.  Over that, I'll send 'em to Kodak (or
whoever).

By the way, your creative juices can be expressed thru manipulation of the
final image with this software.  Turn a sunrise picture into the cool blue of
moonlight if you wish. It can be kinda fun.