Subject: Re: [Leica] New Noctilux
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@ponyexpress.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 23:29:59 -0600

At 11:14 AM 12/21/97 +0900, you wrote:
>I am interested in finding out when Leica changed the formula on the
>Noctilux.
>Specifically, Is there a difference between the New version of the
>Noctilux-M with the built-in hood and the one just previous to that
>(3154xxx), also a Noctilux-M.
>I believe the old formula had 6 elements and the new one 7.

Nope. There has been no change in the 50mm f/1.0 Noctilux formula since
it's beginning. Though there was some indication at the Photokina where the
built-in lens hood version was released (so I read in a Photokina report on
Compuserve) that there will be an optical change as soon as Photokina '98.
We shall see. And they also mentioned a CL2 in the same report.

Eric Welch
St. Joseph, MO
http://www.ponyexpress.net/~ewelch

Police tagline.  Do not cross.