Subject: [Leica] Re: Canadian IIIg & IIIf / Alf
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 18:42:14 -0500

Marvin wrote:

<<<There is a confusing issue about the Canadian IIIGs.  The very rare
 ones actually have "Ernst Leitz - Canada Limited MIDLAND Ontario"
 engraved on the top an are worth upwards of $5000,>>>>>

Marvin,

I know there were M4's with Midland CANADA as I purchased one of which I
believe were only about 500? I had been pursueded to buy one as a
"collector item".

I did and it sat in the box untouched for about 6 weeks, finally couldn't
stand it any longer. I said to myself, "to hell with this sitting in a box
you're here to work!" :)  So I put it to work and of course the
inevinatable happensd and it go a few zits here and there and it eventually
got sold as I moved onto M5's.

Now if I hear you tell me "TOOOOOOOO  BAD! You should have kept it in the
box, it's now worth $5000.00" I am going to scream!:)

ted