Subject: Re: [Leica] Tele-Elmarit, Elmarit, and Retina
From: "Dale R. Reed" <dale-reed@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 12:50:01 -0800

Marc James Small wrote:
<snip>
> And no 2/35 lens was ever made for the Retina.  The closest was the 2.8/35
> Retina-Curtagon made for the IIIS and Reflex;  more common are the 4/35
> Retina-Heligon and Retina-Curtar-Xenon for the IIc, IIIc, and IIIC.
<snip>
I got my Retinas down from their retirement box in the attic and the
newer IIIC lens says:

Retina-Xenon f:2.0/50mm Schneider-Kreuznach 534xxxx

and the older IIIc says the same except the Serial number is 474xxxx

Sorry I know this is off thread but I am glad I did go look for I had
not remembered that they were 50mm lens rather than 35mm. I think I do
have a wide angle lens somewhere in the attic for one of the cameras and
maybe it was a 35mm.  Of course they are all only "partial" lens because
part of the lens system stays in these folding cameras and is not
replacable.   Dale
- --
$  dale-reed@worldnet.att.net   Seattle, Washington U.S.A.  $