Subject: Re: [Leica] Purchasing an M6
From: "Van T. Barletta" <van@theramp.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 10:05:17 -0600

Fellow LUGers -

As I'm rather new to this list-serve (a couple weeks; i.e., a few thousand
posts) I apologize if this has been asked recently, but I could use some
advice.  I'm looking to buy a used M6 while the rebate has pushed used
prices down a little (please don't tell my wife; I have to explain it to
her when the time is right).  I'm currently using an M3, but can see many
instances when the M6 would be better.  Question: are there any variations
I should know about?  Are there "better" serial numbers, due to
unannounced, or even announced changes in the construction?  Have certain
series proven more durable, etc.?  Is chrome vs. black anything other than
a "cosmetic" distinction? Any advice would be very welcome.  I feel quite
fortunate that this LUG exists.

Thanks, and Happy Holidays.

Van Barletta