Subject: [Leica] point & shoot
From: "Noel H. Charchuk" <nhcharch@freenet.calgary.ab.ca>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 08:48:31 -0700 (MST)

Although tecnically not a point and shoot, I use an Olympus Trip 35 from
the late 70's. You have to set focus at one of four distances, head,
head&torso, full body or mountains. Highly technical, huh? Exposure
automatically selects aperture, but you can override and select from 2.8
on up. I feel the lens is excellent, and I don't worry about dropping it
in a lake of river or off a mountain as I have 2, the last one I bought
used for $20. Note this system definitly would avoid the focus lock
concern so many of you have mentioned, and noise is absolutly minimal.
A low tech solution, crude but effective!!!
Noel