Subject: Re: [Leica] Which M6 (revised)
From: Korling <korling@elim.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 23:40:50 +0900

Ferdinand U. LuDo wrote:

> Hi luggers,
>
> I bought a 2nd M6 body (used) with some strange notings. Just
> wondering
> whether there is such thing:
>
> In the front of the camera, my other M6 has engraved LEICA M6. The
> recent
> one I got shows only M6. At the back of the used one states: Leica
> GMBH
> Germany, while my other Leica shows: Leica Camera  Made in Germany.
> Last but not least, when I meter and the lens caps is on, the led's
> don't
> blink, while in my other M6, it blinks like crazy even with the caps
> on.
>
> The 2nd M6 body has serial #  1739###.
>
> Is there such an M6 and is this a special model ?
>
> regards
>
> Ferdinand

I asked the same question a few weeks ago and here are the replys.

Stan ReinikeAt 21:48 30/10/97 +0900, you wrote:
>I have a black M6 (Serial no. 1742xxx) purchased in Korea with a red
dot
>Leica symbol on the front. On the left side of the front plate, it says

>'M6' only, not 'Leica', with the 'M6' below, like all models that I
have
>seen. On the right side of the back plate, it says 'LEICA GMBH
GERMANY.'

>Is this a genuine Leica?

Mine is one of these- early Solms production I think, not many like
this.
Mine is 1728+++.

Joe Berenbaum

I have one also. I kind of like it, as it is a little bit special. I
like this engraving better than the usual one on my latest M6 made in
1997.
/Hans
Mail: hans.pahlen@mark.komvux.se
Mirror URL: http://home2.swipnet.se/~w-24872/