Subject: Re: [Leica] Scanner Info Needed for holiday gift.
From: ted grant <75501.3002@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 17:46:18 -0500

Pat wrote:

<<<<Price around $500.>>>>>>

fellow luggers amd LUGETTES! :)

OK it's friday afternoon.:)    Serious now, scanner situation.

It sure is a different price for Scanners here in Canada, as I was looking
to by a Polaroid scanner the other day and it was $2300 with out taxes
which would add another 15% more.

I guess maybe I have to do a trip across the border if the prices are as
low as I'm reading n the LUG.

The problem with that right now is, one Canadian dollar is very close to
being worth .50 cents US!  And this is a big time "ouch" for Canadians
going your way to the USA.

However there is a good side and that is the cheques I receive for
assignments or sales of my book in the US are in US dollars. So that means
everytime I receive a US funds payment, it is very close to 50% more in
value in Canadian dollars.:)

Now if I could only get a very good scanner for less than $2300. I'd only
be too happy to buy.

Any suggestions?

ted