Subject: Re: [Leica] SL BUG
From: "Bud Cook" <budcook@ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 1997 09:12:42 -0600

Dan,
Actually, what happened was that the prism was damaged by fungii (fungus).
Goldberg had some damaged SL prisms resilved and installed one for much less
than a new one would have cost.  When I bought the camera, I noticed that
the viewfinder was less than perfect but it was only when I sent it back to
DAG for an overhaul that I found out what was actually wrong.

I also said that I had a new shutter installed when in fact it was only the
shutter brake.

Bud