Subject: Re: [Leica] 2.8/100 APO R+APO Ext R 2x
From: Mike Gardner <mikeg@neca.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 14:53:55 -0500

=A0

> <snip>Based on this input, a friend acquired a new APO Extender R 2x fr=
om
> another vendor. He was not impressed with the results. Apparently, ther=
> was a good deal of sharpness fall off both in center and edges.
> <snip>
> =A0
> =A0

I know this thread is a few days old, but I just acquired an APO 100/2.8 =
(yay!) used but like new.=A0 I noticed the following in the instruction b=
ooklet:
"The EXTENDER-R 2x is not recommended for use with the APO-MACRO ELMARIT-=
1:2.8/100mm".It is further stated: "The APO-EXTENDER-R 1.4x must not be u=
sed as
it would damage the lens when being attached".
FWIW,
Mike Gardner

=A0